Guys,

I know there have been numerous posts about this topic before but I am having trouble locating them and I wanted input based on my setup. My car is a 1973 Charger with pretty much stock (restored) suspension and steering. Only 'upgrades' have been thicker stabilizer bar and polygraphite bushings all around. I replaced the power steering box a few years back with an expensive rebuilt one and it still pretty much sucks. The steering is loose and you can still wiggle the steering shaft 5-10* before it has resistance from the box. This is the box itself as you can do this directly from the input shaft. The steering coupler has been totally rebuilt and there is no slop in the shaft/coupler/ragjoint itself.

I have seen the posts about the Firm Feel upgrade you can do which looks appealing. I have also seen the Borgeson setup but it appears it would require cutting the steering shaft which I am not keen on. My car would be classified as a 'restomod' but I want it heavier on the 'resto' and less on the 'mod'. Therefore, I am leaning towards going the Firm Feel route. I see they make three stages I-III.

My car is a street car first and foremost. I would be happy to get rid of the slop and maybe make the steering more like a modern car. hell, I'd be pumped if it had steering like my 4banger Honduh Accord daily driver! I am guessing maybe stage II would be what I want here? I am guessing stage III would be one step from manual steering which I don't want.

Can anybody here recommend which route I should take here? Stage II or III? Anybody else to consider? Also, what is the turnaround time to have one sent out? I may just swallow the core charge and buy one outright as I don't want to disable my car for very long to pull the existing one and ship it off. Any 1st hand experiences you can share?

Thanks as always!