Quote:

Quote:

I understand and agree with the consitency thing with Bias Ply slicks; but if its a street / strip car: No brainer as far as I'm concerned.... RADIALS. Having the car wander around on the street with Bias ply tires is not something that interests me. And I've done a few passes with Bias Slicks, and radials up front.... That was flat out scary at the top, NO THANKS!

Now, I'll admit I have the luxury of both tracks I get to are always very well prepped, but still I don't think there's anything that would cause me to go to bias ply tires for a street car.

If your car drove like that on the big end you had to low PSI in rear tires.The rear and front tires have no idea which one is on either end.That is just plain and simple BS.

I'm not the only one that has experienced ill handling with a mix of Radials up front and Bias plys out back. Radials and Bias Plys will track differently, which can create problems. No sir, it wasn't just because I had the pressure wrong, and No Sir, it is not BS. What I will admit to, is that I looked back at the O.P., and realize that I was wrong about the street driving. I see now that it is a 100% strip car. In that case, I would go Bias-Plys. But, I would still NOT mix them.

Last edited by StealthWedge67; 12/31/13 03:50 AM.

LemonWedge - Street heavy / Strip ready - 11.07 @ 120