Short version of the story is I have a local customer wanting to upgrade the engine compartment of his 1971 Challenger convertible.
It s a 318 now and he's not opposed to upgrading to a big block ( prefer not to ) BUT, if it stays small block then the OE trans and various other brackets, hardware, etc can be re-used.
So my thoughts are upgrade the top half and valve train to something to flow a bit better , convert to a 4 barrel, better heads, better /dual exhaust.

Only real requirement is to remain/keep somthing of a stock outward appearence. So aftermkt heads and headers are already out of the question. The overall idea is to build something of a 'what if' kind of restoration. It's a 71 challenger convertible with Air and keeping the A/C would be a bonus but not a detrement if it goes away.

He had talked about installing a hemi, But I think this would be more for eye candy than anything else. Plus added costs to do a correct conversion may be to much. I personally would prefer to stay small block and build the insides to make a nice driver and KEEP the air.

Ideas much appreciated.