Quote:

Here are my thoughts on why NHRA is losing interest!

My 1st comments pertains to ONE LANE RACE TRACKS - NHRA is suppose to have the best in the business in track preparation. Wouldn't you think that after the 1st or 2nd pair go down the track and go up in smoke, they would not stop the event and try and correct this problem. If they feel that they can't make the lanes equal, then do away with lane choice and draw for the lanes one way or another.
But they don't and let all 16 go down and normally at least 75% in the bad lane get trailered. If I were a sponsor paying that big money, I would be raising holy hell over it! Maybe that's why they are having problems acquiring sponsors.
Next, the fact that a lot of racing comes on at 2 or 3 in the morning, after we watch sports center review the game that we just watched for the past 3 hours, how boring, those same highlights of those games played have been on numerous times already.
Next is the countdown- Actually after Indy I believe the field is set, so why even spend the money to compete, you are already done for the season, if you did not qualify!
Last but not least, The NHRA LOVE FEST with the JOHN FORCE FAMILY, how boring! Yes, he has achieved a lot, so we already have talked about it for years! Lets move on and get away from him babbling about who knows what. The only thing that NHRA cares about is Top Fuel and Funny Car, they are getting a little better about the bikes, but have just about forgot about Pro Stock, the only class that I really watch.
Last but not least, you completely leave out the Sportsman Racers, which probably 95% of what you audience really consists of. They don't even mention the comp classes, alcohol classes or super stock classes. Thanks - HEMI JOE

I have only attended 2 national events, both at Phoenix, this year and probably 15 yrs ago. If my experience is any indication, all you have to do is watch the crowd to see why NHRA does what it does coverage wise. Funny Car and Top Fuel, the stands are full. They call Prostock to the lanes and half the people head for the concessions. Prostock finishes and 3/4 of the half left leave. Me and 50 other people stay to watch Sportsman and Superstock.

Kevin