Quote:

I think I've solved (part of) the problem. The Mounts I bought off ebay the other day (said to be from a 1972 318 Duster) arrived today. The bracket shown on the right fits the drivers side of my Resto block and I believe the two motor mount holes are in the correct (forward) location for my stock biscuit style motor mount and 71 A-body K-member.

I have several other sets on the way from a couple sources so that I can do further comparisons. Interesting that the small block mounts varied so much over the years, apparently for no good reason?

I'll be trial fitting my engine to the K-member tomorrow to confirm. What I am still trying to determine (for certain) is which original application this bracket is from (year/model/side of engine, etc.) so that we can help out the next guy should this one work. If it is from a narrow selection of years/models I'll probably get them reproduced for the heck of it.

Go hard man- It might be a small market but there IS a market for it none the less!
For the life of me I can't understand what Chrysler was thinking when they decided to cast these blocks with a mount that nobody knows what fits.