Quote:

In all seriousness, are the issues you've tackled going to be addressed in Kent's blocks or are you kind of the last Mohican in this situation?

What's the power level you're shooting for? I wanna know the threshold of this thing?

I will stop by the shop this week and se how things look. It is a 468ci. 245CNC Indy headed deal. I think around 12:1 if I recall correctly. Sorry for the grey info, it really has been a while since Dad and I were talking about the details on this unit. It is a solid roller deal with specs around 277/284 @ .050" I think, I REALLY JUST NEED TO SIT DOWN AND MAKE A BUILD THREAD! I might find the time in the Christmas season. That should give you a sorta kinda idea of the power that is being asked from this unit. The block does look like a well built piece, just a lot of stuff that is placed bad, and not thought out very well. Thankfully we have a great machine shop that we work with, and they know how to use their equipment well to correct the problems.

As for head gaskets, I'll get you the for sure details on them. This block may be different than yours WHITEDART. I know of another iron block that is up hear and it's not useable because of a different set of problems.

I am hoping this whole deal can be sorted out to supply us Mopar dude's with a good block with availability. I got a 48 degree 9.600" siamezed R3 block about 6 months ago for a customer. I recently started as a new car salesman at a local Dodge dealer. It's our slow time so I went over to the parts guy and gave him the same part number and it comes up as discontinued. I don't know what the deal is there, I hope Mopar sorts its stuff out and starts making them again.

Thanks

-Kenny