Quote:

Obviously, it is no small task to assemble and finance a highend drag style build, but I wouldn't consider using the most important piece in the equation (the block), that hasn't been proven in that environment.

If the foundation of a project that could top $40,000 dollars is compromised for whatever reason, only a fool would roll the dice and until I see a block become available that can support a 1000+hp smallblock at 10,000rpm, forget it......

I understand there are more people building low HP/RPM engines, but a number of features of this block are directed at serious efforts. W2s in all their incarnations, W5s, Indys, Edelbrocks, etc., are generally used in low powered pieces that could easily survive with stock blocks, replacement blocks, or R3s.

Any block should be able to survive the typical 5-700hp, in the 7000rpm "bracket" range, unless it's JUNK. What this community needs is a foundation that is up to the task of 800 to 1000+hp at 8000rpm and up, that is ABLE TO BE PURCHASED WITHOUT AN EXTENDED WAIT PERIOD!!!! And not just smallblocks, but also big and Hemi blocks.

R3s have been built in that fashion, including the one in my garage, but an improved and updated deal, that is available at the drop of a dime and reasonably affordable would be a welcome addition. It's bad enough that we can't pick up the phone and order a NEW W8, or a block to make a large cubic inch P5 and if it weren't for CHEVY RACERS(!!!)who need them for THEIR heads, new 420 intakes would still be on the endangered list.

Every 15 minutes, Ford and GM racers benefit from a new cylinder head and a new block in any number of materials, in multiple deck heights, bore spacings, cam size/location, pan rail configuration and any number of other options.

Understandably, this is not economically possible in the MOPAR world, but take a look at what's going on with Pontiac racers. They now have access to a couple KILLER blocks and heads, that in many cases, are superior to whats readily available to MOPAR folks. I don't see legions of Pontiac racers in staging lanes and parking lots around the country, yet they are benefitting from quality pieces for advanced builds.

THIS....is an embarrassment!!! How we cannot get a single manufacturer to offer a single highend block, with a variety of options and a "pro-port" (raw) version of a single, modern cylinder head design (except the P5).......is ridiculous.

I give alot of credit to people like Koleno and Ritter for trying to fill the void to some extent, but the issues that arise just about every time something is released on the block & head front......has reached LAUGHABLE proportions.

Good post.