Nope! Never sits with plain water in it. Was sonic checked and magged before machining was done also.
Original crack happened in august at the 10k race 2 years ago. Thought it may have been a freeze plug seeping and would just relieve pressure after each pass. Later found that it was cracked next to the freeze plug. Was told that it was because it didn't have a mid plate and just a front motor plate wasn't enough. So I installed a mid plate which was no easy task. I ran it with sodium silicate last year the few times I had it out. By the mopar race at Norwalk it was leaking again so I parked it. This past spring I pulled it out and stich pinned it between the freeze plugs and it was good...... for a while. Now it is cracking between the front 2 freeze plugs and I found this vertical crack this evening as I was laying under it in disgust. I have also been told that the 66 and 67 blocks were the thinnest in the area at the bottom of the water jackets. I just wonder if it is too rigid with the fill in it and something has to give and it is the casting! Beep