What is the problem, or what are you trying to accomplish?

Is the car together and running?

Have you been to the track? What is the performance?

Will you go back to the dyno?

Guessing at what some of your answers might be, I would say leave it as is and take it to the track. Once you have some time driving the car, and in-car performance data, then you can get clear on what your goal is, and the guidance will be better.

I personaly dont have a problem with the cam selection, I made it based on other peoples published results and experiences with EX maifold combinations and taking into consideration the gearing, tire height, converter and vacum for power brakes and carb tunning.
The motor has been run in the car and seemed to be strong (easily overpowering the 275x60 tires), the tight converter worked well as did the power brakes. It did have an issue with stumbling onto the outboard carbs.
The motor was removed for an unrelated issue and it was decided by the owner to tune the motor on a dyno before putting it back in the car. It was discoverd during this process that the carbs were rich
and the stumbling issue was rectified, it was also discovered on the dyno that the motor liked a total of 36% timming and we only had 29% when it was in the car. So I would suspect the motor would be stronger now than when it came out of the car.
The car did not go to the track but I suspect the owner may wish to take to the track from time to time (with some sticky tires).
I belive the owner wishes to drive the car mainly on cruise nights and outings and basicaly wants a maintinance free motor with some extra power on tap (this car is a resto not a hot rod hence the dessire to have a stock apearing engine)

So this takes me back to my original question, does someone think there is a better cam choice for this package based on the critera above?
The dyno operater has informed the owner the motor dosnt have enough cam and he is leaving some performance on the table.
I posted this question as there are people out there with more experiance with these engines than me and I dont want to dismiss the dyno operaters sugestion out of hand.

Last edited by Teamx; 10/21/13 04:23 AM.