Quote:

Is this a block that was done at your shop originally, and having a freshen up..??..or is this a block that was brought to you for a new build?? I'm suspecting it is a new build. The deck being off is to be expected. The cleaning with the scuffy pad(if used correctly) would not cause that much damage.

No offense, but you're way off on this one. Look at how flat the one end of the block is. It was perfectly flat. Then look at the area's where the roloc disc removed metal. I see this all the time. All the marks where the dye is left that looks like circular pattern is from metal being removed by the roloc disc. I've seen much worse than this one, but in an effort to dissuade others from making the same mistake, this is the one I took some pictures of.
Please don't insult me by trying to tell me those disc's didn't do that. The owner admitted he used them and realized afterwards that it was a mistake when he saw the damage.
As far as how do you get the gaskets off, I'd tell you use a gasket remover spray with a scraper, or let your machinist deal with it.

machine shop owner and engine builder