Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Just think of how cheap it would be if the entire car was GM parts!

like a top fuel motor not a single GM part in my transmission. Being the MOPAR purist that you are which Mopar transmission that is capable of handling close to 3,000 HP would you recommend? 727 or 904

I would go with a liberty if it was me. Which is neither GM nor Mopar. But that's just me.

With your duster a 18 spline 833 would be obvious. Your producing the same hp but with 500 less pounds than it had in the 70's. Of course you would need to be able to drive it.

But again, that's just me!

post was 727 vs glide but you tossed in the 833.

I am producing the same horsepower as what? the early prostockers ? no not same hp those cars ran only 9.30's Max for an 833 maybe 650.you say I need to be able to drive it ? that I ignored

Quote:

With your duster a 18 spline 833 would be obvious.

if it were viable it would have been done. Not obvious to Passion and Brewer
who recommend using something else at my power

That’s not what you were saying here!

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=6795979

Quote:

from the "BACK IN THE DAY" file : let's see if I can get this right .

I believe it was mid 1972 when the change over to Lenco's started.At the time 833 was being used by all the GM cars and breakage was not the primary
reason most teams changed. It was the reducton in ET for the average driver. Most gained well over a tenth. Most except Ronnie Sox who actually ran slower with one.
The Pro Stock cars were in the 9.0 Et range and at 3000lbs .That converts to about 77HP.
9,000 RPM launches were common.
In today's world with slipper type clutches I think they could handle more than that

In any event, with your 8.58 ET and 2500 lb weight that converts to about 782 hp. If you want to stick with a 727 you can pick one up at a bone yard. Put a manual valve body in it and a 5.0 shift arm and that’ll handle your power until Rapture!!! If your worried about losing too much ET then get a 727 filled with 904 roller-ized, billet internals. Probably won’t lose much at all. But it’ll cost you!

This post is available in double vision where drunk.