Quote:

Sounds like you need to do some research on hyd roller lifters. Because you must buy junk. They make a tool steel hyd roller lifter that's good to 7500 with no float.

How about the fact that we have used several different brands of aftermarket hyd.roller lifters and have customers bring in engines that were built elsewhere that have lifter issues.Buying junk doesn't even enter the picture since most all were top brand/dollar brands.Competence has nothing to do with it either.
The issues we have and have seen is lifters bleeding off or not pumping up because of metal shaving in the plungers,scores in the barrel,missing valves,springs,retainers and misaligned of the internal piston as well as other issues.Some of these can't be taken apart to even clean and check.
The issue is mostly poor quality control.We even go as far to spin the engines with out firing or use an accumulator to bring up oil pressure to pump collasped lifters after an engine set for a period of time.
I apologize for my earlier statement with out any facts to substantiate my remarks.I also apologize for being incompetent,uninformed as well as having no experience.I to your absolute knowledge in this matter and thank you for setting me straight.
Respectfully,
Bob

Last edited by B G Racing; 09/11/13 11:44 AM.