Quote:

Quote:

Awesome vid. Thanks, you are right. I could easily do that although I am having a hard time believing that the pump bolts can hold that power.
Bo Duke was awesome BTW. Still looks great.
So Ultrabell says you can only use an 11" TC. Will that work in n RV ?
Can I get a low stall speed in that size ? Also which flexplate would I want and do I want the diesel a518 or gasser ? IS there a difference ? I would assume there is.

Power, well it works for the drag racing guys. I would hazard to guess that they are putting down some serious HP/torque. When you cut off the factory bell you will be surprised at how thin the Al is in places. And how thick the Al is on the Ultrabell...which leads to this..

The UB is a very thick Al casting. It has to be to get the SFI burst rating for the TC and the other parts that might try to come flying out in the event of a failure. As such you can, with time and some effort clearance the inside of the bell to accept a 12" converter if that really is the way you want to go. You would need to remove a bit more than 1/2" of metal all the way around the inside for several inches in. Lots of work/time. UB will tell you that you might need to grind the starter pocket area as well to make some factory style starter noses fit as well.

Is there a low stall 11 inch convertor ?

1975 Dodge Travco 440 BB 1972 Dodge Travco 318 SB