Quote:

Quote:

If you plan on using a carb setup, your chances of success get very low.

Maybe 15+ years ago. Today there are many, MANY people blowing boost through carbs with good results. A close friend of mine is one of them, running 9's in street trim. Nice car booster, what does it run in the quarter?

Carbs have gotten better, but unfortunately, the laws of physics haven't changed in 15 years. Carbs work on velocity, not mass, so you are really limited in ways to get the correct mixture when NA and under boost, especially once you get over 8 psi or so.

A drag race car is totally another matter. You don't have to worry about NA performance or transitions, or street manners. Tuning a turbo/carb drag car is not really difficult, I suppose I should have made that clear.

I have been down the carb route several times, more successful than most, but still not good enough for me, and I have had the "pleasure?" of watching others try over the years. I can honestly say I have never seen one on the street for more than 2 years (except mine that went 4), before folks grenaded them or gave up on driveability issues.

Feets can fill you in on his adventures with carbs. I was lucky and already on EFI as he was going through his development, but I knew what he was going through.

I am intercooled and water injected for detonation control.

It has never run at the drag strip as it is more setup for the road. Manual 5 speed and 2.76 gears, heavy suspension, Z rated tires. If you have ever driven a turbo manual rear drive, you quickly find out how difficult the are to launch decently. Bog or Burn, not much in between.