yes terry, tony didnt want to drive ALL the way from delaware to north carolina to look at a 2007mile loaded 71 hemi cuda. so instead he drove ALL the way from delaware to north carolina with me. needless to say i abuse him over that every chance i get. quickfish, the reason im not tempted to drive any of these cars is because of a sense of history. my cheap thrill of driving them doesnt overshadow the responsibilty of preserving them. i recedntly purchased a real t/a javelin (red/white/blue car)and plan on using and abusing when i get the urge to drive an old muscle car. funny, yesterday when we loaded all the cars for the big trip west. EVERY car started and ran super EXCEPT the javelin! when i had all the cars and signs here in ny i had open invites to anyone who wanted to come by. i once started a thread on moparts to invite locals over. i had no takers. in the 10 years i was there less than a dozen guys took me up on the offer (thats not counting the girl who drove from carlisle to pose naked on the diamante....thats another fun story for another day!). once im set up in orange county Ca after may 05, the invitation still stands. if you are going to be in the area let me know. a sense of community is part of being a collector as far as im concerned. now, with regards to mopar action...lets just say that i know all the magazine guys personally. mcg's team is super and mopar muscle is very professional (jerry pitt and i go back to the cobra days of my past). i probably know cliffy gromer better than i know anyone in publishing. in fact we just got together in mexico for lunch the other day. i'll try to put this in nice terms...i love him, his credentials tower over everyone else in the game, but hes a loose cannon and "he's [i love moparts] insane". remember he can turn it off. just look at popular mechanics. hes the editor there. thanks again for the kind words....steve

Last edited by JohnRR; 03/11/05 07:52 PM.