Moparts

Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda

Posted By: Diego (not Ted)

Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/10/05 09:36 PM

Saw this in Mopar Action. Surprised no one has said anything about this car.

I know the Reynolds heir had a bunch of cars as they were in magazines 20 years ago. However, I was not aware there still was a car that was not with collectors. Steve surely got a gem with this one.

Also, kudos to MCG for their latest issue. I thought the story on the '68 Satellite and Dave Ferro were interesting.
Posted By: 72blubird

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/10/05 09:45 PM

Picked up the mag earlier this week that car is pretty amazing love the way the paint has slightly peeled on the valve covers. One thing that puzzles me is the master cylinder and power booster were they originally black?
Posted By: WINGCARS_6970

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/10/05 09:45 PM

Which 71 Cuda the sunroof car,I remember that car belonging to a NJ mopar guy Walt D.I havent seen the magazine yet. But Im thinking thats the car
Posted By: TONY_DAGOSTINO

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/10/05 09:47 PM

Quote:

. One thing that puzzles me is the master cylinder and power booster were they originally black?

YES ON HEMI CARS THE BOOSTERS WERE PAINTED BLACK ALONG WITHT HE MASTER CYLINDERS. THE CAPS WERE GOLD CAD THEN PAINTED BLACK

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/10/05 09:48 PM

Quote:

Which 71 Cuda the sunroof car,I remember that car belonging to a NJ mopar guy Walt D.I havent seen the magazine yet. But Im thinking thats the car

dave
your thinking of walt downers 71 orange hemi challenger sunroof car

this is a red 2002 mile 71 hemi cuda
Posted By: Danscudas

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/10/05 09:50 PM

I understand he has had it for a while now (maybe 2 yrs?) no matter what else it would have to be right at the top of survivor 71 Hemi Cudas and even 71 Hemis in general. Funny thing about MCG is that they are showing the car as a feature for next months mag. This has been happening to them a lot lately (beaten to the stand). Oh well when I get my MCG I'll re-read the M.A. story on it first and see how many differences there are in the two stories.
Posted By: Montclaire

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/10/05 09:54 PM

One of the best articles in MA was Juliano's, concerning him "stealing" the rapid transit caravan.

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/10/05 09:58 PM

I dont think I saw this red cuda .I instantly thought 71 hemi must be the challenger.You right Tony .I mistook for this red cuda.Know I have to go get this magazine
Posted By: pettyblue440

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/10/05 10:12 PM

I just subscribed to Mopar Action and that was the first issue I got. It was a very nice feature, and the car has a very cool story behind it.
Posted By: Big Bad Bee

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/10/05 10:18 PM

There was a post about this a couple weeks ago. I am too lazy to go looking. If memory serves right, Tony Dagostino was along for the ride. Was I wrong on that Tony? I made comment on it last time around and he didn't bite. A penny for your thoughts?

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/10/05 10:30 PM

Quote:

I have to go get this magazine

You should have a subscription....
Posted By: rdrnr6970

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/10/05 10:36 PM

il stop tomorrow and read the story about steves cuda.and if i find their trashing him and writing how he stole the R.T.S caravan,theyll get no more of my business! mcg will get all of my business! i might even resubscribe! this is probably the 2nd time steves got trashed in a mag!they dont even really know the guy!
Posted By: P1970HeMICuDA

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/10/05 10:45 PM

Good story, great photos and a gorgeous car.

Yes Tony was there crawling all over the car , maybe he can tell us his side of the story.

Pretty cool find, I hope Steve plans on bringing it to Carlise this year.

Attached picture 1558695-71 cuda 2002 miles small.JPG

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/10/05 10:53 PM

Quote:

il stop tomorrow and read the story about steves cuda.and if i find their trashing him and writing how he stole the R.T.S caravan,theyll get no more of my business! mcg will get all of my business! i might even resubscribe! this is probably the 2nd time steves got trashed in a mag!they dont even really know the guy!

They didn't trash him, I think he even wrote the article. People who don't "get" humor took it too literal and wrote hate mail. Like the recent letter in mopar muscle from a guy who was pointing out errors in a mopar action article about an orange k-car or whatever. I recall the article, and they put in a lot of "tongue-in-cheek" comments that this guy must have taken seriously. What's with some people? If I post that I rode a blue unicorn for 22 hours yesterday, I'll probably get turned in for animal cruelty.

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/10/05 11:05 PM

dont mind me,if,steve wrote it then cool!i hear ya!sometimes theyve written crap in the mags and its irritating.he really takes great care of these cars,hes a good guy, and just tries and share them with other enthusiasts like ourselves!

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/10/05 11:12 PM

The guys at MA appear to LOVE Steve. This is his 3rd or 4th spread with them. I think they respect him. It kills me that people don't get the humor at MA. For the last time, they didn't really strap a rocket to a C body. Duh.

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/10/05 11:24 PM

Quote:

The guys at MA appear to LOVE Steve. This is his 3rd or 4th spread with them. I think they respect him. It kills me that people don't get the humor at MA. For the last time, they didn't really strap a rocket to a C body. Duh.

And the Brunt Bros. don't exist, they don't publish Giant Thighs, etc. etc. The article was just Steve telling about how he wheeled and dealed to get some of the cars. The 70 RR was the best, they actually got the guy to throw in extra parts after they got the car for like 7% of it's value.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/10/05 11:44 PM

Quote:

The article was just Steve telling about how he wheeled and dealed to get some of the cars. The 70 RR was the best, they actually got the guy to throw in extra parts after they got the car for like 7% of it's value.

steve overpaid... i would have gotten it for 5%
Posted By: Michael

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/10/05 11:54 PM

Fine car---------Fine magazine.

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/11/05 12:01 AM

To top it off, Galen saw the car and told the owner that if he wanted any kind of money for it, he'd have to rip out the silly square headlamps and fender flares.
Posted By: shakerjoe

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/11/05 03:58 AM

you mean the Bruntnewskiwitz brother's aren't real ? They're fake ? I won't sleep tonight-that must be why I can't get a reply for an autographed picture of the B brother's and e Bogger !

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/11/05 06:26 AM

Quote:

One of the best articles in MA was Juliano's, concerning him "stealing" the rapid transit caravan.

That was one of my favorites as well.

Liked the part where the kid was swearing at steve saying the car wasn't for sale and the father just turned to steve and said " don't mind him, the car is yours."

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/11/05 12:29 PM

hi
yes i was along for the ride.
when i first saw the car my initial reaction was "its too good to be original", but as i started looking at the car it was appearent that it was original + in unbelieveable condition. ive never seen a car with such low miles (that wasnt a race car) and stored in the conditions it was. except the minor flaws that steve mentioned in the article, which by the way are so minor i doubt most others would have pointed them out, the car is perfect. its a case study for restoring a car. i have dozens of pics of the undercarriage + engine compartment. it is such a useful reference tool because of its originality. so to see a car int hat condition, then having it be the highest option hemi cuda (the car has 2 window stickers + the buildsheet is full under the "a" option group section) is just too much.

i hope carlisle does in fact talk him into bringing it out so everyone else can see it.

qfish, i did respond to your post on the million dollar 71 hemicuda thread.

im glad everyone understands the way that mopar action writes and realize that the stealing the rts cars article was just their form of humour. remember, there are very very few people that want/collect concept/factory show cars. what do you do with them?, you dont drive them, you just collect them, look at them and let others see them. but its not a type of car that many would want to own, as a matter of fact ill bet that in most others hands the cars would have been restored back to stock/original condition rather than the show car condition that chrysler had them turned into. so it wasnt like the owners of the cars had lots of others knocking on their door to buy them. so just remember when reading M/A that they obviously write their articles with jokes + satire taking a front seat.

tony
Posted By: P1970HeMICuDA

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/11/05 01:11 PM

Quote:

remember, there are very very few people that want/collect concept/factory show cars. what do you do with them?, you dont drive them, you just collect them, look at them and let others see them. but its not a type of car that many would want to own, as a matter of fact ill bet that in most others hands the cars would have been restored back to stock/original condition rather than the show car condition that chrysler had them turned into.

tony

Cool Tony, I hope I can see the car this year....

and how about the 'Last One' that Steve needs to finish off the RTS Collection, the 'Cuda I believe?
Posted By: InViolent

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/11/05 01:53 PM

Did everyone note the BRIGHT BRIGHT RED on the Brake Drums of that 71 cuda? Paint was also around the center of the drum contrary to the instructions we have seen given to the line workers. If I could, I would scan that picture in, because that subject comes up about once every two months with people looking to match that red color. Column Shift 71 Hemi Cuda with a bench seat...classic!

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/11/05 02:22 PM

Steve is a very nice guy.And has a funny sense of humor.Knows his special cars historys and will share such info.Cant go by what you read in magazine portraying him otherwise .Ive have seen some of his concepts upclose.And knew some prior owners of some of his special cars from back in the day Like D Hoshaw who owned the Diamante worked for L Gephart in Az.Where me a friend drove down from TX to buy a car for my friend .And met Raffi M in Pa at a Franklin mint car show .Who first turned up the supercharger in a estate sale.Im glad to see these cars are reunited.Being cared for and available for mopar events like carlisle to debut them .And hope he gets to open a museum like wheels and spokes of
J Junneman had in Kansas .Showing all of his cars and collection of memorabilia he has collected over the years. And wants to share with the rest of us .Incredible find on this 2000 mile hemi cuda congrats

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/11/05 02:37 PM

when i fist read the responses after a long day at work yesterday,i thought ma started that irritating stuff again as was written/pictured in their april 2001 issue,sorry. and yes ive heard the rts stories myself as told by steve.anyway,i did pick up the ma april 05 issue,and i have to say great pics,and very cool story on the history of the cuda! hey tony sounds like you had fun going down with steve to get the cuda! i wonder if steve will have it in his museum in california or at carlisle myself this year!need to get some pics of that machine!
Posted By: stevenjuliano

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/11/05 07:22 PM

hi guys...a quick THANK YOU for the kind words. the rj reynolds cuda was a pretty neat find. tony, myself, and my beagle had a blast that day. having the highest optioned cuda and highest optioned challenger sitting side by side (at this very moment in a car hauler!) out in california with all the other cars and signs is my dream come true. on saturday april 9th it will finally happen. but what do you do with a sunroof challenger that has been treated to a resto thats way "over the top" and a cuda with 2007 miles besides look at them? hey, there is another part of the story regarding my being notified about the rj reynolds cuda possibly being for sale. i WAS NOT the brokers first phone call. i was second. now i need some of you guys to pry THAT part of the story out of tony!
Posted By: mccannix

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/11/05 07:52 PM

The fellow that the broker called first must have been 'running on a lean mixture', not to at least go and look at the car. Gorgeous car Steve and excellent article. You probably would have beaten Wyatt Earp to the draw going for your wallet when the owner gave you the figure. I look forward to seeing that car and the others in April
Posted By: Just Cameron

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/11/05 07:54 PM

Keep up the good work, Steve. Thanks for traching down and preserving these cars for us. I'd love to get the chance to check 'em all out in person someday.

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/11/05 08:02 PM

Quote:

The fellow that the broker called first must have been 'running on a lean mixture', not to at least go and look at the car.

easy on me Terry
i had gotten the call first, but from a couple of prior leads i had been given by the broker had been very vague and didnt work out i unfortunately didnt respond.
alot of sense it made, id didnt look at the car for myself but i did for a friend

Quote:

You probably would have beaten Wyatt Earp to the draw going for your wallet when the owner gave you the figure.

everything is relative, at the time it wasnt a no brainer, it probably was the highest paid for a 71 hemicuda at that time

remember in the mid 80s when 71 hemi cuda convertibles traded for around $50k?? + that was considered crazy money?

tony
Posted By: mccannix

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/11/05 08:39 PM

Whoa there ....I didn't realize it was you Tony who had first call. I know you're running on all cylinders at all times
Yes I was there in the 80's...I let few slip away

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/11/05 10:51 PM

Wow! This is a fantastic string! Tony and Steve chatting about this amazing, historic deal. Guys, I am not worthy! Only on Moparts.

Steve, since I am a northwest guy, I may never see your collection, but it's great to see a true mopar guy get a hold of all that you have. You're a mopar embassador for all of us. I have really enjoyed the pieces you have done for Mopar Action. How on earth do you keep from at least putting a few miles on that Cuda? You know it really is better for the engine to run it now and then .

Tony, thanks for those cool details. Great that you guys followed through on that car. It seems too good to be true. A truly great story. Sorry about not reading your follow up on the other post. I checked back a couple times on that earlier string and you hadn't replied yet. Thanks a ton for responding. Gonna go dig it up!
Posted By: chargervert

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/11/05 11:02 PM

I know,that when Mopar Action did the feature on my Charger convert,they took the story,and made it funny,without changing any of the facts!I read the piece,about Steve scoring the RTS cars,and I kinda took it the wrong way too!They made Steve seem like an arrogant SOB!,and after meeting him,in person,thats not the case!I belive that those cars are in the right hands!I don't blame Mopar Action for this either,they were trying to be funny!The problem with this hobby,is because of the money that is involved,to be a player in this hobby,everything is taken way to seriously.Mopar Action is the only mag that still knows how to laugh!!!!!

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/11/05 11:26 PM

yes terry, tony didnt want to drive ALL the way from delaware to north carolina to look at a 2007mile loaded 71 hemi cuda. so instead he drove ALL the way from delaware to north carolina with me. needless to say i abuse him over that every chance i get. quickfish, the reason im not tempted to drive any of these cars is because of a sense of history. my cheap thrill of driving them doesnt overshadow the responsibilty of preserving them. i recedntly purchased a real t/a javelin (red/white/blue car)and plan on using and abusing when i get the urge to drive an old muscle car. funny, yesterday when we loaded all the cars for the big trip west. EVERY car started and ran super EXCEPT the javelin! when i had all the cars and signs here in ny i had open invites to anyone who wanted to come by. i once started a thread on moparts to invite locals over. i had no takers. in the 10 years i was there less than a dozen guys took me up on the offer (thats not counting the girl who drove from carlisle to pose naked on the diamante....thats another fun story for another day!). once im set up in orange county Ca after may 05, the invitation still stands. if you are going to be in the area let me know. a sense of community is part of being a collector as far as im concerned. now, with regards to mopar action...lets just say that i know all the magazine guys personally. mcg's team is super and mopar muscle is very professional (jerry pitt and i go back to the cobra days of my past). i probably know cliffy gromer better than i know anyone in publishing. in fact we just got together in mexico for lunch the other day. i'll try to put this in nice terms...i love him, his credentials tower over everyone else in the game, but hes a loose cannon and "he's [i love moparts] insane". remember he can turn it off. just look at popular mechanics. hes the editor there. thanks again for the kind words....steve
Posted By: DJVCuda

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/12/05 12:43 AM

Hey Steve, Your making Whitey happy somewhere upstairs! Thats what he wanted - to preserve.

and i am game for the naked chick story anytime...!

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/12/05 12:51 AM

Quote:

Hey Steve, Your making Whitey happy somewhere upstairs! Thats what he wanted - to preserve.

and i am game for the naked chick story anytime...!

i think of whitey often. he (joe) was a friend. at his funeral (as weird as this may sound to some) i was honored to place a REAL 60's keyring in his hand. his family had placed a reproduction one there. if anyone places a repro piece of memorabilia in my casket i promise to come back from the afterlife! since my last vulgarity was properly edited by johnrr i'll have to keep the chic on the diamante story private for now. though, like dominos, she did deliver...that is a good thing.

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/12/05 12:54 AM

Quote:

hi guys...a quick THANK YOU for the kind words. the rj reynolds cuda was a pretty neat find. tony, myself, and my beagle had a blast that day. having the highest optioned cuda and highest optioned challenger sitting side by side (at this very moment in a car hauler!) out in california with all the other cars and signs is my dream come true. on saturday april 9th it will finally happen. but what do you do with a sunroof challenger that has been treated to a resto thats way "over the top" and a cuda with 2007 miles besides look at them? hey, there is another part of the story regarding my being notified about the rj reynolds cuda possibly being for sale. i WAS NOT the brokers first phone call. i was second. now i need some of you guys to pry THAT part of the story out of tony!

Steve, out of all that, all I saw was Beagle. I love the cars and all, but post up a pic of your Beagle . I love my Beagles .

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/12/05 12:58 AM

I didnt see your invitation on moparts.Here on the board as you mentioned and had no takers.I do remember you telling me you invited some people to come see the the rapid transit caravan.And you got a reply like were not into mini vans .Thanks again for allowing me and a few selected friends of mine to see the cars and your collection upclose
Posted By: MIKES_DUSTER

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/12/05 01:10 AM

what a beautiful car!!!!...im not asking the exact price but what kind of money did you (steve)have to come up with??
im sure ill get alot of HATE MAIL for asking but hey,EVERYBODY wants to know and are too AFRAID too ask!!!!!

and to have the 2 most optioned cars in the world,which one is worth more??

the only thing that i didnt like in the article was how they wrote" steve knows how to get what he wants"..well,SHOOT,if you got the money to back your talk...YEAH!!!....YOU GET WHAT YOU WANT!!!!

not trying to discredit steve in ANY way..if i had the money,ID HAVE ALL HIS CARS!!!

so???..whats your next kill steve??
Posted By: GTSfanatic

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/12/05 01:24 AM

Quote:

I didnt see your invitation on moparts.Here on the board as you mentioned and had no takers.I do remember you telling me you invited some people to come see the the rapid transit caravan.And you got a reply like were not into mini vans .Thanks again for allowing me and a few selected friends of mine to see the cars and your collection upclose

I was one of the lucky ones who got to check out Steves collection. By my luck it happens that Steve grew up with my brother inlaw. So he was gracious to show my Fiance and me around. I'm not one to blow smoke up anyones butt, but Steve has to be one of the nicest guys in the Mopar hobby. The guy spent a good part of the day, pointing out the fine details, stories and history of his cars. If it wasn't for my Fiance schooling me on proper etiquette I'd still be there oggling his cars.

Steve... Goodluck in CA, and keep the guys with paint depth guages away!!

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/12/05 02:12 AM

Steve,
I understand what you are saying about preserving history. No doubt you are custodian over some invaluable Mopar history. Sounds like you are exactly the right guy to do it.

Quote:

i once started a thread on moparts to invite locals over. i had no takers. in the 10 years i was there less than a dozen guys took me up on the offer

I haven't been back to SO CAL in many years, but when I do, I am definitely going to look you up! Thanks for the invite! That's the best invite since John (onebad) offered to let me drive the blue daytona. Hard to believe that so few took your offer, especially east coast where so many live. Maybe you should have combined the invitation to see the cars with watching the photo shoot!?!

Hope your move goes well! Cheers!

Lindy

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/12/05 02:30 AM

so you remember the paint gauge duo? those 2 guys snuck that gauge into my bldg and gauged every single inch of the 71 hemi charger. remember how disappointed they were when it came up 100% original paint! hows you sister and brother-in-law? i introduced your sister to him a looooooooong time ago. please send pat and sue my best.
quickfish...thats a good idea. next "photoshoot" offer i get (like thats ever going to happen again) ill be sure to make it an open house!
beagle pictures??? if i wasnt so lame id be happy to post a shot of LEO. hes trapped in nyc and all he wants to do is chase rabbits.
ok....with regards to price. when purchased it was a world record. now it looks free.
dave....shame you cant make it out west.
Posted By: 69_6bbl_Runner

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/12/05 03:01 AM

hmmm...where's all them guys that say you should take your cars out and hammer on them because that's what they were built for...their silence is deafening.

btw, Very nice car and great story behind it. Just wondering if you did just a little touching up under the hood. I have seen a few survivors and that engine compartment looks better than when the cars were new.
Posted By: GTSfanatic

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/12/05 03:09 AM

Quote:

so you remember the paint gauge duo? those 2 guys snuck that gauge into my bldg and gauged every single inch of the 71 hemi charger. remember how disappointed they were when it came up 100% original paint!

Yeah, I remember them. You predicted even before they showed up that they were going to bring that thing. I took that as a good indication to split when they started to go over that car. I didn't see any good coming over that. I'm surpreised you had the patience to put up with that.
Quote:

hows you sister and brother-in-law? i introduced your sister to him a looooooooong time ago. please send pat and sue my best.

They are doing well, thanks. Their oldest Tara is in Westchester now. She got a scholarship to SUNY Purchase. The two other girls are doing great. Pat finally has his Harley and my sister hates it. I will tell them you said hi. Thanks again for the hospitality.
Posted By: RichP

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/12/05 03:51 AM

Alright my turn :: Great photo shoot of the 71 Hemi Cuda.
By the way Tony the couple cars that I gave you leads on didnt fit your criteria but it sure fit someone else.Sorry and If I remember right I left a message to call me on a 71 Hemi Cuda LOW MILES.
I sat back and said: Self: should I wait and possibly loose this car(I new that I only have a very little window of time before the shot is heard around the world)When I get these type of cars it dont take long but a few phone calls on my list and its gone.So call #2 Steve J and you better get in there before people know that its for sale.
Congrats on owning one of the Best 71 Hemi Cuda.

If your looking for something RARE or have something RARE. Put it on my list and the calls just keep coming in and you just never know you could be the First or even the second call and be the lucky winner.

Always looking for Rare Muscle cars

Thanks guys
RICH P
Posted By: PLATINUM6BBL

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/12/05 03:56 AM

What a great collection of cars I was one of the ones who got an invite to see the collection but unfortuneatly I was never able to make it back that way last year .

Steve,
If your coming out I-80 how about stopping at my place as I'm only 1-1/2 miles off of the interstate. Plenty of room for the tractor-tailer at my shop .
Posted By: NicksGarage

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/12/05 04:59 AM

Steve,

I'll have to pick up the magazine and read the story of your new find.

I'll certainly take advantage of seeing your collection in person and hopefully your previous offer of looking for FM3 documentation in your stash.

Nick

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/12/05 05:11 AM

btw, Very nice car and great story behind it. Just wondering if you did just a little touching up under the hood. I have seen a few survivors and that engine compartment looks better than when the cars were new.

what you see in the engine shot photo is 100% 100% untouched. look close and you'll see paint missing on the intake and valve covers. the only things done to this car from new are whats stated in the story. no b.s. BODY: tops of fenders and hood show signs of touch up done a long time ago.
INTERIOR: untouched. TRUNK: untouched. UNDERCARRAIGE: untouched ENGINE AND COMPARTMENT: untouched.....
besides the spots of paint mentioned above (on hood and fenders) the only other item fiddled with was the oil pan. it was also touched up by someone a while ago. hoses, wires, belts, all suspension, exhaust, etc..EVERYTHING is from new and super preserved.
honestly, no stories here. this one is the real deal.
HEY RICH P....i used to be call number 2. that was before arizona got annexed into the union, right? now im not even in the top 10.

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/12/05 11:29 AM

once again steve,thanks again for letting me see you great collection of mopars/rts caravan up close! that diamonte/girl story sounds interesting!
Posted By: 3404

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/12/05 11:38 AM

Steve, I tried to get my wife to let me drive out West and drop your lug nuts off to you. She didn't go for it though.
I'll make it out sometime.
Eric
Posted By: DJVCuda

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/12/05 01:13 PM

Quote:

i think of whitey often. he (joe) was a friend. at his funeral (as weird as this may sound to some) i was honored to place a REAL 60's keyring in his hand. his family had placed a reproduction one there. if anyone places a repro piece of memorabilia in my casket i promise to come back from the afterlife! .

I think Joe would have said the same thing! - Glad you stepped up to the plate and did that good deed. I know we all would like that!
Posted By: dodgetoys

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/12/05 04:11 PM

Sorry i didnt get to see them , had always wanted to give Steve a call to see if my sons and i could see them. We are from Ct.
So is there a webs sight to veiw the cars???
Also if its not too personel ,what cars does Steve have in his collection.
so i/we know of these;
71 hemi charger
71 hemi challenger
71 hemi cuda
concept cars:
69/70 super charger
70 challenger diamonta ??
70 r/r
71 r/r
70 duster
69? dart
any others??
thanks great collection Mopars

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/12/05 06:08 PM

Maybe we need to start a PM list for that story....
Count me in, btw.
Posted By: mopar383

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/12/05 06:14 PM

That is a awesome car.I do really hope he brings it to Carlisle
Posted By: Slider

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/12/05 08:05 PM

Ok, I am REALLY upset at myself now!

I thought that the cars were already in Cali! Steve offered to let me look at the rappid transit caravan a few years ago (from a discussion here on Moparts), and I was planning on taking my nephew (he's 10 now) on a road trip to see them. Before I had a chance to get out there, I heard that they were moved to claifornia (no idea where I heard that, though!). I have been out to upstate NY two or three times since then, but thought my chance was already gone. And now I find out that it wasn't, but is now?!! I am planning a trip out to NY at the END of MAY!! AGGGHHHHHH!!!

BTW Steve: I still REALLY appreciate your offer, even though the chances that I'll get to CA are really slim.

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/12/05 10:18 PM

hey guys its getting weird for me to keep responding to a thread regarding myself. for those of you who did not seize the opportunity to visit all this junk when it was in ny (and to those that did you really only saw 20% anyway due to space constraints)i have the following to say. unless your suffering from some horrible ailment its not healthy to believe that your lifes journey wont take you out west someday in the future. lifes way too short to believe that california is THAT far away. someday for some reason you will find yourself out west. when you do, find me, take a few hours out of your day, and come feel up this stuff. i sure as hell didnt collect it to just turn out the lights and seal the doors shut.
Posted By: 472 R/T SE

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/12/05 10:26 PM

Welcome to the Left Coast. We're up top in Washington state and would love to stop by in the future. Thanks for preserving a piece of Ma'.

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/12/05 10:32 PM

Here's the article, might be best to pull a "right click/save as."

One
Two
Three
Four

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/12/05 11:15 PM

I hope to make it to LA someday .I still enjoyed and wont never forget seeing your cars upclose in NY .Good luck with your car museum and continued sucess.Its a good feeling knowing one of my nos air grabber parts is on the the one and only 70 RTS runner.I sold back in 2001 according to this old email I found from 11 01.Fast 4 years have gone by

Attached picture 1563467-scan000401.jpg
Posted By: bremotorsports

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/13/05 06:17 PM

Perhaps 15 years ago, or more, I began doing business on a regular basis with a gentleman across the Hudson River in Westchester County, NY, who frequently seemed to be the first one to respond to my NOS parts ads in Hemmings (remember them?). After a year or so, this gentleman suggested that I come over to visit and bring along the parts resulting from the latest sale. After we BS'd for a while at the kitchen table, Steve said "Let's go downstairs, I would like to show you my collection".

We descended the stairs toward the entrance to what I envisioned to be some sort of "Bat Cave". As the security system was disabled (I was sure that either .50 caliber machine guns or Hellfire missiles were behind fake ceiling panels), I walked into the finished basement, flicked the lights on, and felt like Howard Carter felt when he discovered the tomb of Tutankhamen. I believe that his quote was some thing like..... "I see wonderful things inside!"

I was in shock.

The cars (some you all know about, some you don't). The signs. The posters. The merchandising memorabilia. The jackets. The paperwork. The showroom material. The cutaway engines. The Polyglas tires. The clocks. The cabinets. For Mopar AND Ford/Shelby! Trying to absorb all of this was very nearly beyond my comprehension.

And understand this: Only 10% of it was actually on display! The rest was still rolled up in tubes or carefully packaged, to be properly displayed once the right time and place was determined, whenever that would be. Reminder: This was 13 years ago. The mix, scope, and historical significance of the overall collection has grown exponentially, and I am one of the very fortunate few that has witnessed the evolution almost from the beginning.

Steve and I both have a copy of Chrysler's Merchandising Catalog from 1971, and some of the coolest (and sometimes goofiest) stuff on earth can be seen in there. What is incredible is that he actually HAS most of it. The cuff links. The Scat Pack ashtrays. The Wile E. Coyote rugs. The 9-foot stand-up Road Runners. The back-lit signs. The ceiling "danglers". It is all there! And when you combine all of that with the current stable of cars (the RJ Reynolds Hemi Cuda, "Sunroof" Challenger, 440+6 71 Cuda convertible, 71 Hemi Charger R/T, Rapid Transit cars, etc. etc.) you have the most impressive overall collection imaginable, anywhere! In the event that the new museum is open at the time you are in CA, DO NOT pass up the opportunity!

I will now borrow the tag line form THE HISTORY CHANNEL:

Steve's museum is "WHERE THE PAST COMES ALIVE"!

Bill Rolik

P.S.

One additional "short story":

One day perhaps five or six years ago, we were sitting at the kitchen table looking at some of the "8 X 10 Glossy" photos that Chrysler printed of most of its models, and some magazine feature articles. In one of the articles, there was a vintage auto show view of the 70 RTS Road Runner. I said to Steve, "I wonder where this car is now?". Steve said, "I don't know, but I will do some detective work."

A few months later, it was in the "Bat Cave".

Posted By: kingkuda440

Re: Steve Juliano's '71 Hemicuda - 03/14/05 03:01 PM

I had the pleasure of visiting the "bat cave" once. It was a quick visit with Bill on my way to CT a little over 2 years ago. I have NEVER seen anything like this in my life and the majority of the collection was in storage or transit. You rock Steve!

Mark
© 2024 Moparts Forums