hi
yes i was along for the ride.
when i first saw the car my initial reaction was "its too good to be original", but as i started looking at the car it was appearent that it was original + in unbelieveable condition. ive never seen a car with such low miles (that wasnt a race car) and stored in the conditions it was. except the minor flaws that steve mentioned in the article, which by the way are so minor i doubt most others would have pointed them out, the car is perfect. its a case study for restoring a car. i have dozens of pics of the undercarriage + engine compartment. it is such a useful reference tool because of its originality. so to see a car int hat condition, then having it be the highest option hemi cuda (the car has 2 window stickers + the buildsheet is full under the "a" option group section) is just too much.

i hope carlisle does in fact talk him into bringing it out so everyone else can see it.

qfish, i did respond to your post on the million dollar 71 hemicuda thread.

im glad everyone understands the way that mopar action writes and realize that the stealing the rts cars article was just their form of humour. remember, there are very very few people that want/collect concept/factory show cars. what do you do with them?, you dont drive them, you just collect them, look at them and let others see them. but its not a type of car that many would want to own, as a matter of fact ill bet that in most others hands the cars would have been restored back to stock/original condition rather than the show car condition that chrysler had them turned into. so it wasnt like the owners of the cars had lots of others knocking on their door to buy them. so just remember when reading M/A that they obviously write their articles with jokes + satire taking a front seat.

tony