Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I think one of my policies cover my car everywhere but when actually traveling down the track.

You might be kidding yourself..... I'd be shocked if there's a policy on the planet that will cover damages encurred from being hit by another car while on a racetrack with both cars in the midst of competition. And make no mistake, to a insurance adjuster, both of these cars were in the act of racing at the time of this incident. The policy that covers this sort of thing is: "NOT BEING A COMPLETE IDIOT AND FOLLOWING THAT UP WITH BEING A COMPLETE JERK", which is a policy we should all strive to follow, and most of us do a great job of.

There are indeed policys that cover race cars in competition

Ya, show me one. I agree with most of the " guy was stupid " comments, but he is not legally bound to pay for any damages he caused. Everyone ( spectators, pit crew, drivers,) should read the disclaimer on the back side of their admission tickets - yes, it is in VERY SMALL print. Basically all the above wave their rights to any and all liabilities once they buy that ticket and step on to the track grounds. " holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued." The track, owner and all it's personnel are also released by the holder from any claims arising from ........take your pick . And if you think your insurance company will cover you, you are sadly mistaken. Your coverage stops when you buy that ticket and step on to the track grounds. This holds true for a lot of sporting activities. Check out you ball park stub.

anyone more than a year out of law school can beat that "waiver"

Yep,

You can't waiver negligent acts.

Who is in charge of the track? The guy/crew in his FC or the track and crew?

When a Fuel car of any nature or Top Alcohol cars come to the line, you'd think, maybe, just maybe, you need to take MORE care in how you allow that particular vehicle to enter the racing surface.

The track and crew screwed the pooch on the first count by not controlling the staging lanes/burnout box. The idiot driving the FC carried on the negligence by doing a burnout when he supposedly couldn't see clearly in front of the car because of glare... REALLY??? Last I checked it's not the wild west coming into the burnout box.

This incident is in no way the same as getting hit in the noggin by a foul ball, or getting clipped by a puck at a hockey game.

No, you can't waiver negligent acts, but you do have to prove them ( sue the track and the driver ). My comparison to other sports was only related to what the ticket stubs say. Proving negligence (in this case ) probably wouldn't be too hard. In other scenarios, ( clutch explosion, poor track prep, etc. ) not so clear cut. Lawyer would win for sure.

Fastest 300