Quote:

Quote:

PS qualifing on NOW ....and the stands are maybe 1/4 full ....

I was going to bring a guy from work who had never been to a NHRA or any drag racing to Route 66 for qualifying. It was $41.00 for general admission on Fri (have to take the day off work)and $61.00 for Sat - I didn't even look at what Sun cost. General Admission - you sit in the last rows of stands and no standing in the aisle near the track or the security will make you move. Needless to say we didn't go - looks like many others didn't either.

Same scenario for me, took a friend who had not been. I bought two General Admission tickets $50.00 each. At the gate they refused to let us bring in our umbrellas even if we promised to use them only while walking around in the pits and such, not in the stands. Nope. Also, only ONE sealed bottle of water allowed per person. Ok.

We tried to sit in the south bleachers but there was bleacher cops guarding each aisle and when they saw we had GA tickets they turned us away. This was earlier in the day (around noon) and those seats were 95% empty. So we sat in the north bleachers which were also mostly empty.

People didn't start showing up till shortly before the nitro show, and even then during first round top fuel qualifying the stands were at best 40% full. It was cloudy most of the day but there was only one very brief rain delay, then it cleared up and was sunny and beautiful by the time the circus started.

The Route66 crew had the track prepped very well and it showed. Had some great air and saw some new track records.

"These go to eleven", Nigel Tufnel