Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IS non ethanol gas available ?
I have never seen it around here. It all has 10% in it. I bought some treatment for ethanol from Stabil. Figured it would be good for the generator too as that runs off same fuel tank.
I can say where the choek mounted it get's very hot. I had left the ground wire from the TQ choke laying there and it melted. I think it's the heat coming off the manifold more than the fuel lines. I think it's boiling the fuel in the bowl after shutdown. I guess an aluminum intake is probably the best way to go. A good spreadbore pheolic spacer was like 80$. That is alomst halfway to a new intake. I wish I could find a used one.

Don't even think about the non ethanol gas use, though it would be nice ethanol is in the fuel pretty much everywhere , finding non ethanol is not easy , or cheap.

Also an Alum intake with the heat riser blocked is not the answer either, there are many still combating the issue with an alum intake and the heat riser blocked.

You need to sheild the carb from as much heat as possible and get cool air flowing around it to keep it warm.

The electric fuel pump isn't the total answer but it will put fuel in the carb faster than the mechanical on the side of the engine and it will take care of the restart by filling the carb faster.

IMO, if this is the case, then I would predict that they are lean, real lean under power making too much heat. Did the OP richen it up and see if it helped?

Ethanol fuel needs to be run richer to keep the a/f ratio the same as non ethanol fuel.

One car in particular was run on a chassis dyno and the carb adjusted so I don't think it being lean is the issue , but you never know.

The OP , I don't know what he did.