My 440 BB in my Travco had a Thermoquad on it. The acclerator pump was shot and the age of the carb was unknown although it had a Holley rebuild sticker on it. I decided easier to just throw a new edelbrock performer on it. Well since I did the fuel perculates really bad giving an awful gas smell about 15 mins after shutdown. Also makes it diffcult to start. After reading up on this being a common issue with the Edelbrock, I returned it and bought a reman Holley Spreadbore direct TQ replacement. It runs really good but still having same issue. I have an insulator gasket under it. Any ideas ? I was told nothing I can do and that the reason the TQ didnt do it was the plastic bowls but that they are dangerous and can crack and spray gas all over.
I was thinking about putting it back on but the Holley really runs sweet. it gets the gas stink also but will start when hot.
I hav the factory cast iron spreadbore intake ? Would an aluminum intake help ?
I really didn't want to dump a ton of money into this motor as It has 94k miles on it and I plan on replacing it with a Cummins Diesel.

1975 Dodge Travco 440 BB 1972 Dodge Travco 318 SB