Quote:

Hmmm, were there ever any factory setups with ducting? I've seen some over the counter stuff at Autozone with a dual snorkel and ducting. Its chrome, maybe edelbrock... I have an open filament just like the OP

sure. started around the time of leanburn. single snorkel (no air doors on the base) with a fabric type duct to a fresh air vent on the inner fender. you see them all over F/M/J bodies. 2bbl and 4 bbl. thermoquad version MAY fit AFB/AVS but I am not certain

It's round, as is the end of the air cleaner snorkel/snout. I can't recall if they were formed that way, of there was an adapter that fit into the standard rectangle. but really, I would just walk through a pick-a-part, there might be one laying in a trunk.

even if you don't hook up the duct, at least it's sealed except for the snorkel. good starting point - and cheap (although I guess you'd need to put a piece of flashing over the leanburn hole if it's one of those)

Looking for 1975 through 1978 B body 4 door sedan sheet metal or parts cars - monaco, fury, coronet. Please let me know