Quote:

Allright I think I'm getting this sorted out, you are saying my 1998 magnum cam will not work in my 85 roller block with 360 heads because the cam is not drilled for the standard LA oiling? I need a cam from or designed for the pre magnum roller engines? If that's the case, I will just swap the complete magnum in, but my current exhaust manifolds were designed for an air injection system I believe, so they will not work, correct? Thanks for the help, info on this swap is difficult to find and contradictory at times.

this is correct. a 98 roller cam will not be drilled for LA oiling thru the head to rocker shafts.

the 85 manifolds should bolt up to the mag head. if the air injection tube is not used you will need to plug the holes in the end of the manifolds.

drill & tap for plug or cut the air injection tube to make short bolt on plugs,cut tube short to flange and fill with rtv/let cure.

you can also find LA manifold with out the air injection holes drilled.

the magnum manifold may work in the 85 truck. worth mocking up. I have not had a set in hand to do so. but 85 has a lot of romm in the frame.

I have a good pre-mag roller cam that is drilled but has a short nose if you need it.

Last edited by scratchnfotraction; 04/18/13 09:41 AM.