Quote:

Guys,

I have OEM-style chrome valve covers on my 426 Hemi. The valve covers each have a filler tube with a push-on OEM-style breather. Obviously, they are not allowing the system to break enough because they constantly leak. After a hard acceleration, the caps almost push completely off!

What's the best fix? I considered leaving the one on the front driver's side and replacing the one at the rear passenger side with a PVC push-on cap like this: http://www.chicagoconnection.us/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=680

Help.
Cincylance

The solutions is not easy or cheap, if you want to fix the problem, crankcase pressures at WOT and or upper(above 4000 RPM) RPM I use to race a 1963 M.W. 415 HP NHRA stocker that would blow the push on breathers off in the burn out box , It had the stock OEM piston in the motor, the top rings had .009 or more side clearances on the top ring land I ended up safety wiring the caps onto one of the valve cover studs on each side I didn't lose anymore of them after that The soulution is to replace the bad parts, maybe even having to bore the block also if there is enough cylinder wall taper Good luck

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)