Quote:

Welcome to the board.

If you search around the race section you will see it has been discussed a little.

In a nut shell, photos were asked to be produced of an actual block failure for LA series engines and none came up. Some of those guys are pushing 700 and a bit beyond without going "R" block.

Thanks, I've lurked around the forums for a bit, wanting to get another old Mopar, and this one kinda fell into my la[p...1970 swinger 340/727 car, 3.91 suregrip, manual discs, top banana, go wing, rallyes, runs and drives for CHEAP. I do have a 2012 Liberty, but I don't think that counts for a classic mope.......
Seems like for the most part, everyone around here is pretty friendly, and willing to help.

As far as the block goes, I didn't really wanna go the srious R block route....Was wanting to see what was possible with a stock block and a top quality bottom end. Thanks brother.

Organized Labor: The people that brought you the weekend. If you can't grasp the meaning of the phrase "tongue in cheek", don't respond. 1970 H code Swinger, Top Banana 2012 Liberty Jet 4x4 True Blue Pearl