Quote:

Most will agree that 550-600 or so is about it, and even at 600 you will be running in the riskier zone when dependability is the concern. That said quite a few guys have engines running 650-700 with no reported problems. A lot will depend on how good the block is that you start with, and how well it's machined and put together.

cool, thanks....that's probably about right at the limit of what I'm wanting to do. Like I said, with the car, Im wanting to build a street legal drag car, to drive around town once in a while....Ever since I was a kid, I had always been infatuated with the KOS cars, especially the few small block ones. Not wanting to go quite that serious, but you get the point. Hell, I don';t know, I may end up realizing that I want to build something a little milder to enjoy on the streets a little more. Thanks for the input, it's much appreciated.

Organized Labor: The people that brought you the weekend. If you can't grasp the meaning of the phrase "tongue in cheek", don't respond. 1970 H code Swinger, Top Banana 2012 Liberty Jet 4x4 True Blue Pearl