Since you mentioned bang for the buck right up front, I'd go with Hughes rockers. I have sold, and sell, a ton of Harland Sharps, and most people on here know I am a big proponent of them. They are hi quaility almost indestrucible rockers in their intended applications. That being said, they arent the cheapest option. They also really need to be ordered the same as the Edelbrocks. The rocker tip/valve centerline really isnt correct in the standard sets. I worked with H/S to come up with a proper fitting set for Edelbrocks and Stealths,but yes, at a higher cost. Since budget is a concern, then the Hughes in my opinion is the best bang for the buck. Comps are almost $700 now, so no deal there.Crane has priced themsleves out of the market as well. Used to be a good bargain, and since S&S, they have become too much for what you get.

I have tried the Hughes rockers for a more budget friendly,quality piece, and I actually liked them enough to go ahead and become a dealer for them based on my experience with them. So, long story short, I think they would fit you well.As far as Proforms, I would guess that was a budgetary decision between Dan and his customer and baseed that on the build and expected useage.They are not in the same league as these others mentioned.

RIP Monte Smith

Your work is a reflection of yourself, autograph it with quality.

WD for Diamond Pistons,Sidewinder cylinder heads, Wiseco, K1 rods and cranks,BAM lifters, Morel lifters, Molnar Technologies, Harland Sharp, Pro Gear, Cometic, King Engine Bearings and many others.