Quote:

The wider lsa / peaky torque curve idea is nothing more than a common misconception . I have proven it is a myth on several different builds as have several other people.
A lot of guys still believe intake closing points are the main thing to look at too,but that is 80's technology being passed down.
I just tested a few different cams with the intake closing point being nearly identical , moderate duration,and varying lsa in a mild 360. The best overall torque curve was the narrowest lsa
Keith

We knew in the 80's(I'm sure others in the 50's did as well) the easy way to kill torque and hook a car up was to stretch the lobe centers. Car was a turd but easy to hook. Sticky tracks you'd better get out of the way or put the right cam back in it. I agree also that the wide lsa (broader power band)believers are way off track. Now if you must have 20"idle vac and run a tiny engine in a heavy car,yadda,yadda and don't know a strong performer you'll be happy with your results.With modern induction systems the cam requirements are not what the old tech stuff might prefer. As far a hyd cams go I am not a big fan of any .904 lifter stuff unless your RPM limited by some part of the build. The numbers on the cam tables are not what the engine will see when the hyd lifter gets confused.