Quote:

I say V/P collision from valve float or something momentarily siezed from inadequate clearance. All pieces in related assy's are different (clearances/yield points etc) & will act different under fire. For a start I would check V/P clearance on ANY cyl. Something stacked em up solid (K.I.S.S. = vp collision)

yes this. and over 6000-6500 rpm or so (plus or minus) hydraulic lifters will pump up solid and cause problems. i dont think you were running over 6k, so it's more likely that your pushrods could be too long.

if you like running high rpms you should have solids (this requires adjustable rockers).

do you have a good local machine shop? you should go explain the issues they would probably show you how to measure things and get it right. you might need a cut-to-fit pushrod kit and the guys at the machine shop can help you get your baby right

my recommendation: get a solid cam / solid lifers / adjustable rockers / cut-to-fit pushrods / pushrod measuring tool / have a machine shop help or teach you all the details / know how to adjust them you will never have these problems again

Last edited by 74yellowduster; 02/16/13 11:36 AM.