Quote:

Quote:

Well the pushrods from both 440's are the same length. Have the heads been surfaced/block decked...will have to check, I dont know. The lifter face is not where the hole was punched, it is on other end where pushrod meets. The lifters I pulled from Superbee are a little longer than the ones that I pulled from, another 440. Put the two different lifters side by side WITH the shim on top of shorter lifter and they are the exact same length. I figured the shims, which are NOT homemade, were added under the rockerarm shafts for clearance??I was told shims were used before ajustable rocker arms were around?

Case height of the lifters don't mean didily. The preload is determined by the depth of the plunger after the rocker shaft is tightened down with the lifter on the base circle of the cam with the lifter, push rod, and rocker all in place.

Exactly right. When I was building mine, I had two different brand lifters side by side. They had different overall heights but the distance from the plunger and the face where the lifter meets the cam was the same. That's the dimension that matters.