Quote:

Re: gas stations
My wife was buying gas at our local cheap gas station. She tried the regular nozzle, but it didn't seem to work. Station attendant said, sorry, we're out of regular. So she tried the mid-grade, didn't seem to work. Station attendant said, sorry, mid-grade is a 50/50 mix of regular and premium. We still have premium, so you could try that.
So she put in a few dollars worth of premium and went off to find a different station to fill her tank with the regular stuff because she saves money wherever she can.

So, at least at that cheap gas station, midgrade is a mix of regular and premium.

R.

It is at most stations, because a third tank for mid grade is very expensive to install, maintain and pay insurance on. Plus the the 2 fuels have a different spefic gravity and the 2 products can separate because of the different gravitys of each product.

I'm sure some stations have a separate tank for mid grade, but it is not the norm because of what I said above.

I own some of the largest and newest tanks in all of Cincinnati.

I buy semi trucks loads of gas and diesel everyday, there is no mid grade sold in the Cincinnati market wholesale. it's all blended at the stations by the dispensers, the pumps are inside the tanks pushing it to the dispensers.

Last edited by Challenger 1; 02/05/13 03:45 PM.