Loooking back on the build, I'm thinking about doing something very similar and just trying out the Airwolfs.

I have a 360 block but might try to find a 4.22" max bore Siamese if the right deal comes along.

torque is definately more short block configuration, displacement and then compression related, peak torque is your maximum Volumetric Efficency point, I like to get there as early as feasible to suit the combo (lower RPM is easier on the block) and then rely on the heads and induction to keep it as close to peak torque for as long as possible...it's the best way to make reliable and consistent street strip power IMHO.

This chart is very telling, look at how broad the curve is.....at least 495 lb/ft from 3800 to 6700 rpm. An excellent rule of thumb is if you are at 85-90% of peak torque over a braod RPM range your converter stall flash and shift recovery RPM can pretty much fall anywhere in that range and it won't make too much performance difference, the car is still gonna move. Another advantage for bracket racing is your shift points are not as critical to remain consistent, many of us have seen tracks with slick spots or bumps where we had to short shift to keep from breaking traction. The more "peaky" the torque curve, the more critical the vert has to match up.

While your torque curve is flat your power curve is essentially linear (hp gain per every 100rpm)

7550953-Airwolf7.jpg (233 downloads)
Last edited by Streetwize; 01/17/13 05:41 PM.