Quote:

Duner, I know you have a turbo on that dakota...What kinda power at the crank do you estimate you are pushing? Or have you dynoed it? And how long have you had the combo together for?

Did you do anything other special prep to the bottom end? i.e. studded mains, girdle, etc.

I put this together in 2006. I hurt a couple of pistons in 2008 and checked everything when replacing them. Everything looked great, no signs of cap walk even - so I put it back together and it's been driving on the street and going to the track pretty much every since.

The bottom end is just a forged Scat (stock 360 stroke) crank and Eagle H-Beams rods with the upgraded ARP rod bolts. Probe pistons. All internal balanced. Block is unfilled and stock 2-bolt mains. No girdle or anything like that. I'm still running the stock bolts for the mains as well. I generally try to keep it under 7,000 rpm - but occasionally mess up and get it to 7300-7500 rpm. I've since switched to a standalone and am using the rev-limiter at 7000 to keep me in line. LOL

I'm not sure what the actual HP is at the crank. Since it's turbo'd - the HP it makes is pretty variable. I've pretty much kept it at the 750rwtq, 550-600 rwhp level most of the time (126-127 mph trap speed), which is where it lives on the street on 91 octane - with excursions into the 700+rwhp range on occasion at the track with race gas. (just turn up the boost) I'm super-conservative with the timing on it, since if I want more power - I just turn up the boost instead of risking detonation looking for every ounce of power by upping the timing. Again, I do also run race gas at the track if I'm going to turn it up.

Pushing 4200# to 133.65 mph is the best so far for documented HP output. (that's when I hurt the pistons) That's thru a 46RE trans and Precision Industries 4,000 convertor. The Wallace calculator says that's 824 hp? I don't push it that hard all the time, but it's fun to shake things up once in a while.

I really believe the turbo setup is way easier on parts than NA or on the bottle.

Someday it will break. I've accepted that fact, but I'm still amazed at how much abuse it continues to take without complaints.... other than transmissions of course LOL