Quote:

I am confused about two things.
1. Why would you use XHD springs with CalTracs? I have mono leafs so they will flex.

2. On my A body, I had no problems with spring eye bushing spacing. Just installed with the bushing and washer provided. Are B body springs different as far as front brackets or what?

I went with the XHD Mopar springs because the car is primarily a street car that will get raced.

If it was just a race car I'd probably tub or mini-tub it and go with ladder bars rather than leaf springs at all.

The original factory b-Body springs had 2 inch diameter bushings in the front eyes.
The new replacement XHD B-Body springs are 1.5 inch diameter bushings, which is why I had to cut the aluminum bushings down.
I guess Ma Mopar felt they had to change the bushing size.

My original springs were shot, the only thing keeping the car level were the air shocks that were coming off.

I had planned on using the springs that came with the Caltrac but they were one inch shorter (E-Body).

My choices were skip the Caltracs and just go with Super Stock springs (and new front hangers) or just get some type of replacement springs and use the Caltracs.

I talk to a few buddies to get opinions and they thought the Caltrac option was a better choice.

Scott (Blues Cuda) is running Caltracs with the XHD Mopar springs and it seems to work for him.

I'm limited by what will fit in a stock 67 B-Body wheel well right from the start.
I guess I'll see how they work for me.

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol