One thing to remember is most stock factory cars with hyd rollers are not raced and they dont worry about valve float and lifters breaking. At least not like our hot rods. I wanted a solid cam in my 63 which is a 99% street car but I did not want to run the spring pressure I should run with a solid roller so I would not have to worry about valve float and roller lifter wear. So I went with a solid flat tappet and run much less spring press then a roller. I do know many do run solid rollers on the street and some have had lifters break and cause eng damage and some have not. I figured if I ran a roller I would want to inspect my lifters every 3000 miles or so. So I just bought a solid cam from Dwayne Porter that he Nitrided and I use the zinc additive and the Valvoline racing oil which has alot of zinc. I have had no problems at all. In fact I have never had a cam lobe wipe on me. I am not knocking rollers as I know I could make more power with one and if my car was race only I would use a roller. I just did not want the worry about the lifters coming apart in time. Ron