There are a lot of low deck stroker threads on here, and being relatively new to this forum, I'm trying my best to keep up to date on all of them.

As someone shopping for a stroker, I initially set my sights on the 440 source 500" kit. I have 400 and 440 blocks, but my car is originally 400, and I'd like to keep it stock looking for appearances. So that sort of rules out tall deck (for now).

The thing that irritates me about the 500" kit is the insanely short piston. I just think that for someone like me, who wants good street performance on cheap gas, that's probably not the right way to go. It just seems like pinging or piston slap might be a larger factor than normal. So I took a look at their 470" kit, and I noticed that one has a shorter rod, so that's going to harm the rod ratio. that also kind of turned me off.

Is this just a game of pick the compromise you can live with the most?

So now I am not sure what to do. I was thinking these store-bought places put together kits with readily available parts, and maybe there are other ways of doing it? I'd like a 470" or bigger but with the longer rod, maybe factory'ish length. Won't see anything higher than 6500, and it will be a 1500-6000 rpm street stump puller type of build. Any tips or combos?

By the way, that 383 sounds awesome!

Looking for 1975 through 1978 B body 4 door sedan sheet metal or parts cars - monaco, fury, coronet. Please let me know