Guys,

I have been troubleshooting electrical gremlins on my Charger now for a few weeks and I thought I had them figured out...

Right now I have an issue where the car will die after 10-15 minutes of running. The idle will start getting real rough and she just dies.

This was the case before and I swapped out the ECU on the firewall and problem solved or so I thought....

No the problem is back. This time I can restart the motor but it won't idle (cuts off) and if I rev it up, it goes up but then after coming down it dies.

Cranking the car from cold, everything acts normal until it warms up.

Now, what I did do (stupid me) was leave the key in the run position over night (12hrs or so) and needless to say, my battery was dead. I charged it back up with a battery charger and fired it up and now the issue is back.

Could that kill the ECU? Could this be a coil issue? This is a brand new $20 parts store ECU. I can't imagine that sucker was bad outta the box. I drove it 20-30 minutes on it before this incident and the Charger ran fine...

Can anybody help point me in the right direction? I have pretty much ruled out grounding issues and the charging system. System was charging when it dies so its not a dead battery...plus I can crank it after it dies all day.

Please

What's the Problem?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 10/18/12 01:00 PM