Quote:

300 cfm out of RT heads by increasing port volume 1cc, no chance in hell. Find another shop that's not trying to screw you over. $1000 to remove 1cc worth of metal, wish I was making that kind of dollars per cc when porting heads. Turn up the gain on your BS meter.

Yea, well, I already knew he was full of it when he said they didn't remove very much metal "maybe 1 cc"

My main question was about how streetable 300CFM heads would be on a stock stroke 360.

Everything I've read/learned up to this point has been about velocity, and using the velocity and harmonics of the pulse waves to tune the RPM where you make peak torque, and that's why some guys use 1 5/8" primary headers with a 2.5" exhaust, and some guys use a 1 7/8" primary with a 3" exhaust, or a long runner dual plane intake vs a short runner single plane design, where you have to keep in mind the operating range of the engine and it's intended use. a street engine that spends 80-90% of the time below 3,000 rpm ought to be built for low end torque, especially in a 4000 lb truck, whereas if it was a race only car, you could build it for peak power at 6000 rpm, but it's going to lug and surge around at part throttle cruise unless you keep it tached up to 3500 rpm with numerically high gears.

I just figured that a 300 CFM port would fall into the category of "not ideal for the street" and would lose port velocity and the harmonics for maximum efficiency at lower RPM.

but as pointed out earlier, apparently the manufacturers are going to big flowing heads with smaller cams.

I'm trying to understand this theory and how it all plays together with the rest of the parts in the combo.

**Photobucket sucks**