Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Why is stroking out of the question?

My intake and exhaust manifolds are limiting factors... I don't want them choking the extra cubes. I'm also building a clone and starting with nothing... I could build a 440 if I wanted too, but I want the smaller displacement faster revving engine.

I hoping to fit the car with the one of the new Passon 5-speeds, with a 4.10 Sure Grip out back.

I'm also not opposed to aluminum heads vs. ported stock. I'm looking at "gasp" Stealth heads (I'm fully aware of their issues with valve locks) for no other reason other than that they appear fairly stock on the outside.

I would build a 400 , but if you you are stuck on a 383 then you can do that with flat tops and CLOSED chamber heads , buy the stealths , CNC'd would be the best choice that way they actually flow as claimed. build for no more than 10.5 compression , with alum heads , otherwise keep it at 10.0 max with closed chamber iron , 9.5 if you use open chamber heads , this will keep you pump gas friendly and make the power you want. I would use a flat tappet solid cam and ductile 1.5 rockers.

Andy F made over 550hp with stock iron manifolds , just pay attention to port mismatch with your heads so they aren't the cork you think for what you want to build.

Broken record time .... unless it's a CUSTOM PISTON ... no company makes a quench dome piston for a 383 ... no one ....

An honest 425 horse on a legit dyno with a 10:1 383, exhaust manifolds, iron heads, and that intake is no easy feat...Not saying it can't be done, but it won't be like falling off a log.

MB