Quote:

Quote:

Any pump requires power to operate.

Yes but a good question here is how much are we talking? I would love to see a freshly built stockish/mild big block put on a dyno and run. Say one with stock type bearings, freshly rebuilt that clearly does not need a HV pump. Run it on an engine dyno with a standard pump, give it a bunch of pulls get it good and hot. Note the power readings and the engine oil temp. Then swap to a HV pump and repeat the test. While in theory yes a HV pump requires more power to operate and would in theory heat the oil but I would like to see what real testing shows. Would definitely be an interesting read. Does it actually make a measurable difference on the dyno in power loss or oil temp?

I have seen a ten HP gain going from 130 F temperature oil to 160 F temperture oil with no other changes :shruggy :That was on a pump gas low compression 426 M.W. street motor with straigh 30 WT Valvoline non synthetic oil That is one of the major reasons I use 5W20WT Valvoline oil, no change in HP or torque going from 80F to 200 F oil temps on repeated engine dyno tests

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)