I knew I could not afford to build a race only car so I built my 63 as a street car that I can drive to the track and race sometimes as I do love racing it and driving it as much as I can. I kept it as close to stock body wise as I could. No tubs just SS springs stock gas tank with stock 3/8 sending unit. Everything works including the radio , horn , wipers all the factory lights and I still use the factory ign switch. I like the interior as close to stock as I can keep it and it still has stock seats. Trunk is stock as it the front suspension other then 90/10 shocks. I even still have the stock power drum brakes. I built the eng with dished pistons for 10.6 comp with EZ heads and it has good quench that I can drive and race it on 92 pump with no problem. I tried to keep the eng as simple as I can so I dont break alot of things. You can see me run 10's and then drive the highway going home. It is so much fun as I go to the local cruises and hear all the guys who claim to run 10's and 9's and want to race me on the street. I say no just bring it to the track but most never do. You know how someone races a car from a roll that says he goes 11's so the guy who beats him says he has a 10 second car because of that. The stories are really fun to listen too. I also added frame connectors and a 6 point rollbar so I can legally run 10's with no hassle. And the car drives so nice you would not think it can go 10's. And it is much cheaper to just put $20 dollars of gas in it and go to a cruise or car show when you dont have the cash to go racing. I really enjoy street/strip cars. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 10/11/12 01:10 AM.