Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Lets see here... your gonna buy a stroke kit... that
part is a wash... why not buy a 360 block and get the
added cubes... that would cost about 200 buck more..
cubes are great for the street........ JMO

Pick up a later roller cam 360 block, everything else costs the same. Plus the larger bore of a 360 will help unshroud the intake valves.

And I owned a pretty stout 318-390" stroker. The same package with a 360-408" engine probably would have been worth another 20-30lb ft of torque at no added cost. 360 blocks aren't that hard to come by.

30lbs from 16 cubes not to mention bigger bearings robbing power due to the SB good valve position they do not see much more flow (a little but not significant) from a 3.91 bore to a 4 inch bore, that is only gonna give you .045 more clearance on one little section of the valve, a very small notch on the bore would do the same thing for free.

And 360 roller LA blocks are hard to find being only a couple years in very low selling rigs that were not always optioned with 360s. If you are willing to use magnum heads (you should) then finding roller blocks is real easy.

Any differance in a 318 stroker and 408 stroker is minimal, especially when you start looking for a roller block or even any block at all that is not free.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!