Quote:

I'll definitely contact dr diff about this as well if he doesn't chime in here.

Can the 9 1/4 axle ends be used without running the 9 1/4 style c clips?

Quote:

One thing to be careful about is the width. Truck Danas have a large axle bearing mount on each end and when you cut it off the width may be less than desired. You may need a different offset wheel to make up the difference.

I've never worked on a dana before so bare with me, but are you saying that you can narrow a dana too far and run out of axle tube material that will accept a bearing?

No, I think what he is saying that you may end up having spring perch location problems I have several Dana 60 early clutch type posi, they have the early spline axle spider gears so they should be converted to 35 splines, if your really going to beat on them I do have one set of new Dana 30 spline posi side gears so that is a option, convert the posi to the 30 spline spider gears so the stock 8 3/4 axles will work in them I did that once years ago for a freind, we found a Dana 60 out of a 1970 GM 3/4 ton truck with a posi that ended having the same 30 spline posi unit in it like the 8 3/4 are, we used his stock 1968 B body 8 3/4 axles in that cut down unit

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)