Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

the entire front suspension is disassembled. The ball joints and tie rod ends are in great shape, but the boots are trashed.

Because you used a pickle fork to separate them.

Just say NO to pickle forks.

Really? YOU were in MY garage to see how I pulled it all apart?
YOU think that in 40 years, I am the only one to have ever laid hands on this car?
The boots were damaged before disassembly.
Thanks for offering nothing positive here.

If the ball joints and tie rod ends are in "great shape", and yet every single one of the boots are trashed, it is a sure bet that they got that way from someone using a pickle fork on them. I think it is a positive thing that a discussion about damaged boots covers how the damage is most likely to occur, and that has now been done. I think it is a positive thing that a discussion about damaged boots covers the alternate methods for separating suspension components with techniques and tools other than a pickle fork, and that has now been done. I intended both of these results, and they in fact came about as a result of my comment.

I had no intention of exposing anyone's sensitivity to implied insults about proper tool selection.
We have now established that you were not the one who wielded the pickle fork, and I hereby apologize for implying as such.

have a good day

Down to just a blue car now.