Update 2:
I got a chance to drive the car today and I need some more help.
The GOOD:
The tranny auto downshifted and upshifted perfectly at all times (light throttle and WOT). Idle to 100% WOT was excellent. 50-WOT was excellent. Auto downshift when coming to a stop, no problem. Overall the tranny shifted great.

The BAD:
I started up the car from a cold start IN PARK and about 30 seconds into high idle, a loud noise was coming from somewhere up front.

Note: This is the same loud noise that I heard on the last startup that I thought was due to the low fluid. This is the same noise that I heard (before I tightened the band and added the fluid) when I was driving thru the neighorbood in 2 (apx 20mph) and was slowing down to a stop. The noise is hard to explain but it was like a whining noise that even sounded like a vibration.

I could not locate the exact place, but it was somewhere up front. I shut the car off and let it set for about 15 minutes then I restarted the car in N. No noise in N this time so I took my test drive.

This has me stumped. The tranny acted great while driving, but it makes a really loud noise on cold startup in PARK (just like last time when I thought it meant low fluid.)

NOTE:
I FOUND THE PROBLEM WITH THE CAR LOCKING UP IN NEUTRAL. The reason that I could not move the car in N was because my passenger rear brake shoe was dragging REAL badly. I need to put a rebuild kit on the adjuster. The car locked up on me again today after my drive when I put it into N, and I thought that it was the tranny again. I disconnected the drive shaft and it spun fine in N. Then I found the rear brake locked up. So this locking up in N issue is no longer,,, I hope.

What do you think?
Is there a chance that I might have a clogged filter causing the noise on startup?

Last edited by YO7_A66; 09/23/12 08:29 PM.

1970 YO7 A66 [Canadian Export] F8 Challenger
340 (Currently in shop for stroker assy.)