UPDATE:
I started up the car and while waiting on the temp to come up, the tranny starting BUZZZZZZZZZZ!
I knew what that meant so I put it in N to finish the warmup and found the tranny to be 1-3/4 quarts low on fluid It would not even read on the dip stick.

After I got the fluid level up, I drove the car forward and backward in the drive (slight incline) without any issues. Then I took it for a drive and it drove fine. I only got it up to around 45mph or so and I did not get on it because I just wanted to see if it would automatically shift/downshift at a cruise/at a stop. I also replaced the extension housing shaft seal and I wanted to get back to the garage to see if I had any leaks. No leaks and over the weekend I will drive it harder to see if the tranny is good to go.

Note: This is with the front band set at 1-3/4 turns out from 72"/lbs.

Thanks to everyone!!

EDIT:
Note: I have had a slow dripping leak at the extension housing seal for a while that I have ignored. Since it has been six years since I dropped the pan, I have forgot about the general maintenance of the tranny. This leak must have finally allowed too much fluid to drip out which seemed to be the major culprit of this issue. I now have a new extension housing seal, the front band readjusted and the proper fluid level.

Besides the obvious help from the tranny guru's on this sight, I came across a diagram that I found that was helpfull in trying to understand the replies to my thread. See attached for a good diagnostic reference chart. I know that it says loadflight, but it is still a good general reference.
If I ignored my tranny like this, just imagine what the condition of my windshield wiper blades must be in.

Last edited by YO7_A66; 09/21/12 08:10 AM.