Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Everything I've ever read and talk to many people in the business about these cars including SRT engineers.

A bigger throttle body is only required when needing massive amounts of air. Otherwise a stock one will flow really well all the way up to and over 400 hp.

Haha Hank...

I misread. The PORTED stock sized tb is what people say makes the difference. No need for a bigger one, like you said. But smoother air flow always helps!

But the Porting doesn't do anything since it is a stock size and volume.

http://www.lxforums.com/board/f164/suggestion-ported-tbs-169185/

Ryan

We will just have to agree to disagree. Seems to me smoothing the air flow is a good thing. Why port cylinder heads? Same size and volume, but makes large horsepower gains?
There is also thread after thread of CIA's not adding any more power than you would get switching to an SRT airbox. They, like the exhaust, are already well designed. They are good eye candy. If someone wants to shell out $300 for 4-10 horsepower, more power to them.
Back to the O.P. Do your research and buy accordingly. The 5.7 is a really good package and seems to make good power. Buying carefully should get you the improvements you are looking for.

1969 Dart GTS 340
1969 Super Bee X9 N-96
1969 Coronet R/T X9 N-96
2015 Dodge Dart GT
2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn.
Looking for the original block for my Bee. The last 4 are 7449