Quote:

Yesterday the new set was installed. The guy who did the work said there is no need to replace the resistor and the old one was not replaced. Is it true or should i replace the resistor as well?

You have the orange box in & kept the original 4 terminal (dual) ballast? did you get the orange box by itself or the kit which would have included the 1.25 (nominal) ohm (single) 2 terminal ballast? The 4 terminal OE dual ballast has a nominal ohm rating of .5 ohm on the run side and 5 ohms on the start side and the last high miles one I checked had 1.6 ohms on the run side and 6 ohms on the start side (the start side is of no consequence with a 4 pin ECU as it ain't used on a 4 pin (orange) box but the 1.6 ohms on the run side is too much & costs performance. One end of the 4 terminal dual ballast harness has a blue loop and I put a loop on the other end to make a parallel circuit on the 4 terminal ballast in effect to make it a 2 terminal single ballast like what comes in the MP kit & the ohms dropped to 1.1 ohms which is acceptable. If you have the kit with the single ballast & an a VOM I'd ohm them all & holler with what you come up with & we'll go from there

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth