weird!!! So i put a jumper from pos battery to pos on coil, then a jumper from neg battery to coil bracket bolt, pulled number one plug wire off and stuck a spare plug in it and layed it on the block, turned key to run and jumped the 2 lugs on the fenderwell relay to turn it over, yes its sparking, so reconected number one plug wire and crank and crank, still nothing, wont even try to hit..so for the heck of it, i dug a spare coil off the shelf and hooked it up, again disconnected number one wire and stuck spare plug in to verify spark and jumped the lugs on the fenderwell, yup, it sparked but this time the engine tried to fire up!! Oh boy, i hooked number one plug wire back up and jumped in the car and cranked and it hit again, jumped out and gave it a shot of carb cleaner and it started and died, gave her another shot of carb cleaner and cranked and she started up and running good! Dont really understand why, both coils seemed to fire the plug the same but the other one wouldnt start the car..but shes running awesome now! There is 5.8 volts at the coil with the car idling..