Let me eplain the best i can. First a engine requires a curve for WOT and a curve for cruise and idle. A new camaro has 1/2 of lift stock an will have about 40 degrees advance at idle for clean complete burn. Set the old mopar to idle mechanical to 18 and you find after a 45min trip it wont crank leaving the parking lot. Let alone 20+ . Unless you have a 1000cca battery, large gauge short starter wires, etc. Even then a hi TQ starter is needed. The way to copy the curve is to crank at 16 add 12-14 degrees of vacuum advance from manifold that kicks on at the first sputter of lighting. presto 30 degrees clean nice easy cranking , complete idle burn. This drops away instantly for Wide open throttle power sprints. Your mechanical 16+20 alone or whatever, is for WOT operation, more is needed for part throttle smooth power transition and driveability. Provided from said vacuum pod. Try it, you will like it. There are ways of working without but it is best way in my oppinion.

Good luck,Hope all is clear. For more theory contact don at 4secondsflat.com. Then he will school you.

I do not wish to challenge anybody in pissing contest. Just help you. You should not spend anymore plugs, enough. Be the Jedi knight fix your car enjoy the force of a mopar big block. PEACE.

Last edited by mark7171; 05/15/12 01:13 AM.